ESP Australia recently landed a very limited batch of a one-off basses manufactured in their Japanese factory. The Lake Placid Blue Vintage 4 embodies a classic shape we all know and love with specs to suit the modern bassist. An alder body matched with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder pickups produce a solid, punchy bass tone. The PJ pickup configuration allows for a heap of tonal versatility covering many genres.
This is the third run of ‘Australia Only’ guitar projects in the past 12 months from ESP Australia, each run being met with extreme positivity from guitarists and stores nationwide. With only 6 pieces available to the market, bassists need to be quick to snap one of these up before they all go!
BODY WOOD – Alder
PICKUPS – Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder PJ
BRIDGE – Hipshot Kick Ass
FINGERBOARD – Ebony
FINISH – Lake Placid Blue
OTHER – Matching Headstock / Strap Locks / Hard Case Included
A few points of difference to note…
- These basses come with Luminlay side dots, these glow green in low light allowing maximum visibility on stage.
- A hipshot Drop-D tuner can be found on the E string making tuning between E to D as easy as a flick of a lever.
- Hipshot ‘Kickass’ high mass bridge on board, brass adjustable saddles providing enhanced low mids in tone.
- A three-ply tort pickguard comes on the bass but a spare white perloid pickguard is also supplied to mix up the basses aesthetics.
- The bass comes with Schaller strap locks and an ESP hard case included, additions that are found as standard with all Japanese made guitars at ESP.