With Superbooth 23 fast approaching, there will be a number of boutique synth makers revealing their wares and British developer AJH Synth is no different with the announcement of their MiniMod Keyz – a Minimoog-inspired Eurorack keyboard synthesiser.
The AJHSynth MiniMod Keyz synth is a modular monosynth featuring the much acclaimed MiniMod modules, which recreate the vintage circuitry and sound of the early RA Moog Model D in Eurorack modular format. It functions as a standalone keyboard synthesiser or can be expanded even further by patching it to other Eurorack modules. Partnered with the Cre8audio Niftykeyz controller keyboard, which has been given a vintage makeover with custom-designed, American Walnut end cheeks, a full size 49 note keybed that outputs Pitch CV’s, gate CV’s, Velocity and Aftertouch CV, along with a multi mode arpeggiator.
The engine side is an entire range of modules based on the Minimoog circuits but modularised and expanded with features including:
- Three VCOs
- Classic 24dB vintage ladder filter
- Dual cascaded VCA
- Dual contour generators
- Glide noise module
- Low fat (2HP) high pass filter
- Ring SM module is a 5-channel Moog CP3-mixer, EMS Synthi/VCS3 based Ring Modulator, and a simultaneous 2 octave sub-bass generator
- Tap-Tempo VC-LFO with 16 common and unusual waveforms, including stepped and sloped random voltages
- Plus, the case has a second multi-function modulation LFO.
The MiniMod KEYZ is available now for about $2,933 USD or $4,400 AUD