Arturia is back with a new controller keyboard, adding the Keystep 37 to their line-up of ‘step’ hardware controllers. The Keystep 37 adds a further 5 keys making it a 37 note mini-key controller (3 octaves) which includes velocity, aftertouch and LED’s above each key for fast visual feedback. At the centre of the control panel, there are 4 new encoders with an LCD screen, which give way to some sweet new chord and scale functions plus some expanded MIDI CC control.
From the press release:
The new controls unlock KeyStep 37’s unique & enhanced Chord mode. Choose from 12 chord types, an array of strum effects, and spread the voices out into complex velocity-sensitive parts that respond like a stringed instrument. Map out KeyStep 37’s 3-octave keyboard range with a scale of your choice using Scale mode. Any key you play will automatically quantize to the nearest note in the chosen scale. Tap into the inner workings of your MIDI hardware and software with assignable 16 MIDI CC parameters across 4 switchable banks. Use the 4 new controls to tweak settings on the fly for dynamic performances.
- 37-note keyboard with velocity & aftertouch
- RGB LED keyboard indicators for note tracking
- 64-step sequencer with 8 patterns
- 8-note polyphony per step
- Step recording and live recording sequencer modes
- Mono and overdub recording options
- 8 mode arpeggiator with new random modes
- Chord mode offers 12 chord voicings included a user-defined chord
- Unique strum, velocity and note controls for Chord mode
- Scale mode lets you quantize the keyboard to a scale of your choice
- 5 scales to choose from, including a user-defined scale
- 16 assignable & adjustable MIDI CC controls
- USB, MIDI, CV and clock connectivity
- Bundled with Ableton Live Lite
The original KeyStep (and the Beatstep for that matter) has been the controller of choice for many musicians’ setups ever since its release back in early 2017 and has been revered for its aftertouch and sequencing possibilities. This announcement comes off the back of the KeyStep Pro released in July this year, which is a 4-track polyphonic sequencer and controller that offers some new control and sequencing possibilities over your hardware setup, along with some great performance and arrangement features.
Check out our review of the Keystep Pro here.
Stay tuned for more.
Expect to pay AUD $329.00 SSP
US MAP price $199.00
Find your Arturia Dealer Here:
Note: Australians, please be aware that US prices do not include shipping, GST or customs duties. Be sure to check exchange rates and associated fees with your chosen payment portal when buying in foreign currency – It’s quite often better to buy local!