Arturia’s Pigments soft synth was already a feature packed instrument when it first launched, and has been steadily growing ever since via free updates. Today Arturia have announced version 3.5 which brings a ton of new features and functionality. Here’s the breakdown:
Arturia Pigments 3.5 New Features:
- CrossMod: introduce cross-modulation between engines 1 and 2. Either engine can be used as a modulation source, with a number of parameters to customize for wild harmonics, unusual waveforms, and extreme sonic results.
- New Distortion Module: Pigments 3.5’s new Distortion Module combines 16 modes of distortion with built-in filtering, for everything from bubbling germanium fuzz to jagged wave folding, soft saturation or pure filth.
- Expanded Comb Filter: Pigments’ comb filter now comes with 3 new damped modes; LP6, BP6, and HP6. These filter out certain frequencies in the feedback loop for unique sounds like ambient plucks, shimmering bowed leads, and much more.
- Enhanced Sample Engine Browser: This now features subfolders and a one-click sample preview.
- New Wavetables: Pigments 3.5 features dozens of new wavetables inspired by molecular structures, mineral textures, and aggressive modern timbres.
- Apple M1 compatibility: Enjoy native support for Apple’s next-generation M1 processors, ensuring flawless Pigments performance on the latest macOS machines.
- Streamlined GUI: A number of subtle menu redesigns and workflow improvements to streamline your sound design process.
- 150+ New Factory Presets: Pigments 3.5 introduces 150 new patches exploring the massive potential of new features like CrossMod, Comb Filter, and more.
Pigments 3.5 is a free update for all Pigments owners. Head to Arturia’s Website to download.
Arturia is also releasing 3 new sound banks for Pigments 3.5 dubbed ‘The Energy Triad’, each containing 150 presets.
- Bass Thermal: Superheated sounds of grime, drum & bass, and dubstep
- Trap Chemical: Mesmerizing shades of trap, cloud rap, and drill
- EDM Kinetic: The energetic & vibrant momentum of house and future bass
The Energy Triad is included with all new purchases of Pigments, which is currently on sale at 50% off. Existing owners can purchase the new sound banks via Arturia’s online sound store.