Arturia have been in the mix since the turn of the millennium and during this period they have built an incredible reputation releasing many great synths both hardware and software, MIDI controllers, drum machines, interfaces and effects. Today, Arturia launched their newest addition to their range of audio products to their Audiofuse family, the Audiofuse 16Rig.
One look at the 16Rig clearly shows who this product is catering to synth enthusiasts, especially ones who have a stack of hardware synths or those who like to perform live. It has 16 inputs which are split into 16-line ins on the back and 2 preamps with combo inputs on the front. The first 2-line ins on the back share channels with the 2 preamps on the front however the 16Rig detects when something is plugged into the front and automatically swaps the signal from the back of the interface. This means no need to unplug cables from the back to use the front which is especially handy if the 16Rig is rack-mounted.
It also has word clock I/O, 5-pin MIDI in and out, ADAT to expand to another 16 inputs, 8 DC coupled outputs, a stereo aux input and extra USB ports to power MIDI controllers, hard drives and other peripherals making the 16Rig a powerful tool for any live performer or synth head.
The 16Rig can be controlled via the brightly lit LCD screen on the front or it can be controlled via computer using the 16Rig software. The control software is well thought out and makes it easy to navigate with a wealth of routing options and the ability to save routing presets for easy setups. It can also function as a standalone mixer increasing its suitability for live performance. With this much capability and I/O, the 16rig would be perfect for anyone running a multi-synth set up be it for live performance or in the studio.
- 16 TRS analog inputs including 2 high-quality digitally-controlled preamps,3.5mm stereo input
- 12 analog outputs including 8 DC-coupled TRS line outputs, stereo monitor outputs, 6.35mm outputs for reamping or dual-headphone configuration
- ADAT for up to 16 channels of additional I/O at 48kHz
- Wordclock in & out
- MIDI in & out via 5-pin DIN or class-compliant USB for DAW or standalone usage
- Low-latency USB-C connection plus front & back USB hub ports
- Two internal standalone mixers controllable by MIDI
- Colour display
- Desktop or rackmount configuration
- Includes AudioFuse Control Center software for firmware & settings, including a full input & output matrix
- Includes AudioFuse Creative Suite software, including Analog Lab Intro and Arturia FX plugins
- Analog Lab Intro
- AudioFuse Control Center
- Pre 1973
- Pre V76
- Pre TridA
- Filter MINI
- Chorus JUN-6
- Comp FET-76
- Delay TAPE-201
- Rev PLATE-140
- Phaser BI-TRON
- Comp DIODE-60
Expect the Arturia AudioFuse 16Rig in store by the end of October
Arturia is distributed by CMI Music & Audio in Australia
More info is available on Arturia’s website