Behringer went and shrunk the 1990s in their compact version of the now classic JP-8000 with their 4-voice hybrid synth the JT-4000 MICRO. The Supersaw waveform introduced by Roland on their JP-8000 in 1996 became popular in Trance and other electronic dance music styles, now Behringer provide all the supersaw superstar sounds in a hybrid modelling micro synth package! This follows Behringer recent Pro VS Mini announcement. Looks like Behringer might be gearing up for some more snappy micro synths, so watch this space!
Here’s what Behringer are saying:
Be ready to jam anytime, anywhere with the Behringer JT-4000 MICRO, a super portable programmable 4-voice hybrid synth that comes with 2 analog modelling oscillators per voice. Whether you’re in a cramped bar or travelling, you can have a powerful synth with you whenever the mood strikes you. The JT-4000 MICRO is a reproduction of the JP-8k sound engine with a Supersaw waveform. But we decided to go a bit further than that and hit it with a shrink ray, 32 memory pre-sets, plus many more features that make it an amazing and flexible synth that can fit any setup. Analog filters in the JT-4000 MICRO coupled with an authentic 12-bit DAC give it a warm and natural sound that’s evocative of the timbre of classic full-sized synths but in a sleek, convenient and portable enclosure.
- Authentic 12-bit DAC for classic sound
- 16 touch-sensitive keys for great playability
- 32 memory presets, expandable via SynthTribe app
- Arpeggiator with 3 patterns and hold function
- Individual envelopes for filter and amplifier for creative sound shaping
- 2 powerful LFO’s to control filter and oscillator tuning
- 6 function buttons and OLED display for easy and immediate parameter editing
- USB Type C allows powering via smartphone, power bank or computer
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation (including NRPN/CC control of all parameters and bulk load/save)