Latvian synth company Erica Synths has just revealed their newest creation at Superbooth 2021–the PĒRKONS (THUNDER) – a drum machine and synthesizer and according to their press release, “it will change your approach to electronic rhythm synthesis – an instrument which bears the weight of a storm beneath its sturdy casing.”
PĒRKONS has four sonically diverse hybrid voices (digital sound engine + analogue multimode filter with overdrive) as well as a sequencer that controls all four percussion tracks at the same time.
Each voice includes three sound engine modes, an HP/BP/LP filter, and eight settings for fine-tuning the sound, including an inbuilt analogue BBD FX send. KITS may be used to store all voice parameter settings. Parameter automation is used to add dynamics to the performance, and a modulation LFO may be set to all parameters.
Integration with additional gear will be a lot of fun as each voice has a distinct velocity-sensitive trigger input, independent output and FX send and return with 6.3mm jack sockets and comprehensive MIDI implementation. All sounds are summed and routed through an optical compressor and master overdrive that is integrated into the system.
- 4 hybrid voices (digital sound engine and analogue multimode filter with overdrive)
- 8 controls per voice
- Velocity-sensitive trigger inputs for drum pads
- Individual voice outputs
- Individual sends and returns
- 64 kit and 64 pattern memory + additional memory on the SD card
- Built-in analogue bucket-brigade delay and optical compressor
- Modulation LFO with morphing waveforms, phase shift and 8 destinations
- 4 track sequencer, 4-time divisions and 4-time multiplications per track
- Per-step ratchets and probabilities
- 4 shuffle algorithms
- MIDI IN and MIDI OUT