California-based synth geeks Groove Synthesis have just released their 3rd Wave Hybrid Wavetable 4-part multi-timbral 3-oscillator wavetable Synthesizer with analog filters in a desktop version.
The 3rd Wave Advanced Wavetable Synth was originally created out of love for the classic wavetable synths of the past by paying homage to the mighty PPG Wave of the 1980s.
This new desktop version unit mimics the keyboard version with all the connections remaining with the only compromise being a few knobs and buttons. 3rd Wave has 3 oscillators per voice, analog low pass filters, a digital state-variable filter and multi-stage wave envelopes per oscillator. It also duplicates and expands upon the original PPG functionality that lets users make unique wavetables using their Wave MakerTM tool.
Hybrid Wavetable Engine
- 24 voices
- 4-part multi-timbral
- three high-resolution digital oscillators with analog-modeling and wavetable synthesis
- 64 total user wavetable positions with 48 wavetables that contain 64 waveforms per table (32 legacy PPG waves with room for another 16 of this type)
- VCO sync and linear FM
- 6-stage wave envelope per oscillator with variable time and position that can be looped
- unique wave flow
- analog 24dB lowpass filter based on the Dave Rossum designed, classic, 2140 with resonance compensation
- state variable filter with 12dB
- 4 ADSR + delay envelopes with optional vintage PPG-style response
- 4 multi-wave LFOs with variable delay, note reset, and sync
- multi-fx section with two slots: BBD, stereo delay, tape delay, chorus, phaser, flanger, distortion pedal, rotating speaker, ring mod, room reverb, hall reverb, super plate reverb. Plus syncable and modulatable.
- wavemaker tool for custom wavetable creation in the hardware and Serum wavetables support
- sequencer with both note and parameter sequencing (4 parts per sequence, 4 sequences per preset…)
- arpeggiator with one arp per multi-part
- 16-slot modulation matrix per multi-part
The Groove Synthesis 3rd Wave Desktop will be available for $3495 USD in November 2023.
More information here: Groove Synthesis