The original KAOSS pad series has been a game-changer in the music industry, redefining live performances and has become a mainstay for many electronic musicians. Now, Korg is back with another new iteration of the KAOSS Pad in the form of the KAOSS Replay, featuring 16 velocity-sensitive sample pads, DJ-style group faders and cue points, plus a built-in audio interface – making it truly standalone.
Upon first glance the, KAOSS Replay gives off “SP-404” vibes however Korg make no mention of this being the case. This is a KAOSS Pad with classic KAOSS FX with sample pads attached, something the KAOSS range has not seen before. Korg tell us “KAOSS Replay is designed to provide musicians, performers, and producers with signature KAOSS Pad and effects, with expanded sample playback, sampling capabilities and intuitive DJ controls in its portable, stand-alone unit” So it’s clear that this is aimed at live musicians, DJ’s and beatmakers looking add KAOSS FX and Sampling capabilities to their performance.
More from KORG:
“KAOSS Replay is a dream come true for live musicians. It allows you to immerse yourself in the creative essence of your performance without distractions. Powered by USB-C and equipped with ample on-board connectivity, KAOSS Replay offers swift and effortless setup, ensuring stress-free performances regardless of your location. Its advanced sample playback and sampling system, featuring 128 sample slots for each of up to 100 projects, guarantees uninterrupted hours of Kaoss-fueled live sets. Encased in a robust aluminium body, it strikes the perfect balance between performance-friendly size and backpack-friendly portability.”
- 128 types KAOSS Pad Effects
- 5 Inch touch screen
- Live voice manipulation. Microphone include FX TONE, DELAY, REVERB
- 16 velocity-sensitive Trigger pad for sample playback and resampling
- DJ-style Hot cues
- Linear PCM (48 kHz/16 bits)
- Sampling, resampling capabilities
- LINE/PHONO IN jack: RCA pin jack (Select LINE or PHONO.)
- PHONO GAIN switch (LO/HI)
- MIC IN jack: Standard phone jack
- Exclusive for Dynamic Microphone
- AUX IN jack: Stereo mini jack
- Mix directly to LINE OUT.
- LINE OUT jack: RCA pin jack
- IN/OUT (DIN 5pin) and the MIDI function are exclusive to the USB jack (IN x 1 port, OUT x 1 port).
- microSD card, microSDHC card (32GB Max)
I remember buying my first KAOSS Pad over 10 years ago and I remember it integrated perfectly with my synth setup. I always loved being able to instantly manipulate sounds to create unique build-ups, breakdowns, and textures to sounds so I’m excited to experiment further to see what’s possible with the sample pads and extended audio interface.
Expect the Korg Kaoss Replay in stores in early December… just in time for Christmas