King Of FM, is a free software synth for iOS and Mac that is based on the sounds of vintage ’80s FM synths by the Yamaha DX7, DX7II, TX81z, and SY77. It has been released by Matthew Fetcher, one of the core developers of Audiokit, a development environment in which developers can publish iOS apps.
According to Matthew, he sampled a legendary-sounding DX7II from a famous studio. He then released an app called FM Player, packed with those samples.
The response from musicians? Stupidly incredible. We received literally thousands of emails from grateful musicians. One message read “This app filled my eyes with tears when I first played through the sounds. It brought back memories of my youth, I was transported to a time when anything and everything was possible.”
Now, you can have these sounds on iPhone and Silicon Macs. (FM Player was only available on the iPad). Plus, King of FM is more stable as an iOS/iPadOS AUv3. You can have multiple instances of this app in GarageBand, AUM, Cubasis, BeatMaker or your favourite iOS DAW.
- Based on Multi-sampled recordings of classic presets from original 80s FM synthesizers
- Standalone iPhone/iPad app & iOS AUv3 Plugin
- Use with a MIDI Keyboard or iOS DAW
- Over 200+ Presets and over 10,000+ individual samples
- FX: Phaser, Chorus, Reverb, Ping-pong delay, Crush, Stereo Fatten, and more
- Over 2+ gigabytes of sounds compressed to under 400 mb
- Audio recording: record your sounds then export wav files
- Use as an iOS Plug-in in hosts like GarageBand, AUM, Cubasis, Beatmaker 3, and more
- Run on your silicon Mac (Standalone version)
- Includes full lifetime license for both iPhone, iPad, and Silicon Mac