Initially teased at Superbooth 2019, Korg’s Nu:Tekt NTS-1 is now official! The DIY-focused, NTS-1 packs a powerful synth and multi-effect engine into an incredibly compact form factor that boasts compatibility with the Korg logue-Software Development Kit — so it’s possible to run any of the custom oscillators/fx available for Minilogue xd and Prologue digital multi-engine on NTS-1 (or create your own).
As well the the renowned Multi-engine, NTS-1 includes a highly capable arpeggiator, including various ranges, scales, and styles, plus specialized spatial, modulation, and delay parts, each with various environments to explore. At its heart, it certainly appears to be a very versatile, fun-to-explore synth with a single monophonic digital oscillator, multimode filter, three LFOs and three stereo effect processors.
There is a wide selection of filters (Low pass 2/4-pole, High pass 2/4-pole, Bandpass 2/4-pole and OPEN mode, all with resonance) giving you serious control over the overall tone of the oscillator.
Included are also three on-board effects units that are inspired by those on Korg’s Minilogue xd, which featured numerous reverbs, modulation effects and delays.
Free bundle of music software
The fun doesn’t stop there as the NTS-1 also comes with a diverse variety of music software from Izotope including Ozone Elements as well as Reason Lite DAW software, as well as other software synths from Korg.
- Keyboard: Ribbon keyboard
- Sound generation: 1 Digital Oscillator, 1 Multimode filter, 1 EG, 3 LFO
- Effects: MOD (CHORUS, ENSEMBLE, PHASER, FLANGER), DELAY, REVERB
- Input/output jacks: Headphone jack (3.5mm stereo mini-phone jack), AUDIO IN jack (3.5mm stereo mini-phone jack), SYNC IN jack (3.5 mm stereo mini-phone jack, 20V maximum input level), SYNC OUT jack (3.5 mm stereo mini-phone jack, 5V output level), MIDI IN connector (3.5 mm stereo mini-phone jack) connector, USB port (micro B type)
- Power supply: USB bus power mode, Current consumption: 500 mA or less
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 129 mm x 78 mm x 39 mm / 5.08” x 3.07” x 1.54”,
- Weight: 124 g
- Included items: USB cable, Owner’s manual, Screwdriver
The Nu:Tekt NTS-1 will be available November 2019
For more information, visit www.korg.com