Tascam has spent the last few years updating its range of portable recorders, bringing new tech and concepts to the world of field recording. They introduced their Portacapture line with the Portacapture X8 and X6, and the newest product to get a tech facelift is their DR-10L recorder which has been redesigned and realised as the DR-10L PRO.
The DR-10L PRO is a pocket-sized portable recorder with some pretty nifty new features, mainly the ability to record at 32-bit float. It can also be controlled via the DR-10L PRO Connect app and transmit timecode to Atomos products (with Tascam’s optional AK-BT1 Bluetooth dongle).
Its pocket-friendly size is super handy and advantageous. This makes it a content creator and filmmaker’s best friend for capturing audio without having a dedicated sound recordist and mixer on set. Its ability to be wirelessly controlled gives it even more advantage in these situations. The DR-10L PRO Connect app can control up to 5 units at once which means you can run multiple in tandem, excellent for more involved shoots that require multiple people to be mic’d up.
Recently there’s been a few 32-bit recorders being released that do not have gain control, although the DR-10L PRO can record at 32-bit, it also provides the option to record in 24-bit along with gain control. This is a must-have for anyone wanting to record in a professional capacity because having control of your input gain is a must.
- Ultra-lightweight, compact and wearable design is perfect when stealth is a priority
- TM-10L lavalier microphone with clothing clip and windscreen included (cable length: 160cm)
- 32-bit float recording and dual AD converter technology means you’ll never need to scrap a recording due to poor audio levels, and no need to fine-tune input levels
- Supports recording in MP3 format
- Huge storage capacity, with support for microSDXC cards up to 512GB
- Records at least 24.5 hours on two AAA lithium batteries for all-day video shoots
- Optional AK-BT1 Bluetooth® adapter (sold separately) adds wireless control and synchronization
- Free DR-10L Pro CONNECT app for iOS, iPadOS and Android allows you to control up to 5 units simultaneously (The number of devices that can be connected may vary depending on the usage environment and radio wave conditions)
- Wireless time code synchronization supported with compatible Atomos products such as BLUE or CONNECT series
Expect the DR-10L PRO in stores by the end of July