Novation has today announced an all-new revamped USB-C bus‑powered Launchpad Pro MK3 controller to its range of interactive controllers.
The pads in the unmistakable 8×8 grid are bigger and integration with Ableton Live and hardware appears to go even deeper, with the introduction of dedicated transportation controls, quantity and clip replication, tap tempo options, and new Catch MIDI and Print to Clip buttons. There’s a new Chord mode that lets you quickly create harmonies from the grid with different scale and note modes for lead, bass or notes. There is also a built-in 32-step, four-track polyphonic sequencer that enables the Launchpad Pro Mk3 to not only drive any software device but also MIDI hardware connected to its three rear-panel sockets
Here’s a brief look at some of the key improvements and differences over the previous Launchpad Pro
- The powerful built-in sequencer allows Launchpad Pro [MK3] to control any MIDI synth, sampler or drum machine.
- Transport controls, tap tempo, Print to Clip and Capture MIDI provides deeper integration with Ableton Live.
- Eight Custom Modes and a Components editor
- Chord Mode makes it easy to create and perform with harmonies.
- Larger more expressive pads
- Compact and more powerful as a standalone device
- USB-C connector with USB powering for standalone use
For more info visit the Novation Website: