Image 2 reference studio monitors have been in the works for three years, according to Fluid Audio, and they’ve finally arrived in time for Namm 2022.
Image 2 is intended for usage in the nearfield and midfield. Using the latest in DSP development and Class-D amplification to achieve required results in imaging, frequency response, output, low distortion, and depth of field.
Image 2 is a 2 in 1 monitor; a full range mixing and mastering system that also offers a mixcube mode. Mixcube mode helps dial in the low end and mids for a wide range of “bass challenged” devices. It also helps adjust the overall balance, depth, vocals, and the kickdrum.
At a Glance
Image 2 is a near and mid-field monitor with a 2x 203mm bass drivers, 1x 130mm mid-range driver, and 1x AMT tweeter (28x43mm). Between them, its frequency response extends from 28Hz all the way to 30kHz. The drivers and tweeter are driven by Class-D amplifers (2 x 225W bass, 1x 150W mid-range, 1x 75W treble).
On-board DSP runs room correction software and a USB port on the monitor’s rear for firmware and feature updates. Audio connections include 1 x XLR Analog Input, 1 x TRS Balanced Input, 1 x XLR AES/EBU input, a 1 x SPDIF Output/Input and weigh in at 14.3kg per speaker.
- SPL: 116dB (pair)
- Frequency Response: 28 Hz – 30 kHz (+/-6 dB) 80/20kHz (+/-2db)
- Driver Dimensions: 2 x H 203 mm Bass + ⌀ 130 mm Midrange + ⌀ 28 x 43 mm AMT Tweeter
- Weight: 14.3 kg / 31.5 lb
- Mounting: Side mount yokes allow for Sound Anchor floor stands and Ceiling-mount
- suspension in multi-channel or immersive systems
- Amplifier Power: 2 * 225 W Bass (Class D),150 W Midrange (Class D), 75 W Treble (Class D)
- Dimensions: H 452 x W 287 x D 278 mm
- Connections: 1 x XLR Analog Input, 1 x TRS Balanced Input, 1 x XLR AES/EBU Input, 1 x SPDIF Output/Input, 1 x USB Connection