Native Instruments has just released its third iteration of its premium S-Series controller keyboards. NI Kontrol S-Series Mk3 boasts deeper software integration with their NKS technology and immersive connection to NI’s Kontakt along with third-party instruments. All new S-Series have a new high-resolution screen, now all in one rather than a split screen. All three models now come with polyphonic aftertouch for additional ways to control and modulate your sound and performance. Polyphonic aftertouch is available on the 49 or 61 semi-weighted keys version and is now available on the S88 Mk3 with hammer-action keys! Overall, the S-Series has undergone a new facelift, making them stand out and a truly gorgeous centre-piece to any modern studio.
We’ll stop gushing, Here are the details from NI.
An intelligent keyboard controller in three size options, designed to be at the core of any studio. Virtual instruments meet the real world with seamless Kontakt integration and a high-resolution screen. Plus, polyphonic aftertouch delivers intuitive parameter control across all three models, in combination with weighted, hammer-action keys in the S88. All are contained in an overhauled industrial design that looks incredible and is built to last.
Take expression one step further and instinctively control parameters with the slightest pressure on each individual key. Modulate cutoff, pitch, vibrato, and much more without reaching for extra control. All three models have an industry-leading keybed, developed in collaboration with Fatar to deliver the best possible polyphonic aftertouch experience.
• Unparalleled software integration with next-generation NKS technology ensures a direct and immersive connection to Kontakt and partner instruments, effects, and sounds
• Choose between 49 or 61 semi-weighted keys, or 88 hammer-action keys, all set in a Fatar keybed
• All three models come with polyphonic aftertouch as standard, plus the Kontrol S88 is the first widely available hammer-action polyphonic aftertouch keyboard controller
• High-resolution full-colour screen for intuitive browsing, tweaking, and mixing
• Beautiful, industrial design with metal and glass elements, manufactured to the highest quality
• Stay in key with a redesigned Light Guide, that also pinpoints sounds, key zones, switches, scales, and more
• Anodized aluminium knobs and pitch and modulation wheels
• USB MIDI, USB-C bus-powered, plus sustain expression, and two assignable pedal inputs
• Integration with all major DAWs that goes far beyond standard transport controls
• Komplete Select
• Komplete Kontrol Software
• MIDI 2.0 compatible
• Intel Core i5, Apple M1 (and equivalent or higher)
• macOS 13 (Ventura) or higher (compatible with macOS 12 in MIDI 1.0 mode)
• Windows 10 (latest service pack) or higher • 8 GB RAM
An internet connection and a graphics card that supports Direct 3D 11.1 (feature level 11_0) or higher are required to download and activate this product. Once installed and activated, the product can be used offline.
• 1 high-resolution color screen with glass surface (1280 × 480 mm)
• CNC machined, bead blasted and anodized aluminum, 8 × encoder caps, 1 × 4D encoder cap, 2 × wheels (pitch and mod)
• RGB illuminated pitch and mod wheels
• New button islands that form a continuous dustproof control surface and are grouped by function