As a successor to the JEM series, the Made in Japan Ibanez Steve Vai PIA guitar model was originally launched at NAMM 2020. The all too familiar bright finishes were very prominent but now much to the delight of guitarists worldwide and as as a follow up to the Stallion White finish from last year they have released a sleek new black finish for 2021.
The PIA model introduces a number tweaks and these include a magnetic backplate for easy access to the tremolo springs, an Ultralite tremolo arm and a Flower Grip, which replaces the all too familiar Monkey Grip of the JEM series.
The Flat Black version keeps the set of DiMarzio UtoPIA – including the etched pickup covers – as well as the Luminlay side dots, the Ibanez locking Edge tremolo system, 24 jumbo stainless steel frets along with a scalloped fingerboard on the 21-24 frets.
- Neck type : PIA5pc Maple/Walnut
- Top/back/body: Alder body
- Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard PIA Blossom inlay
- Frets: Jumbo Stainless Steel frets Prestige fret edge treatment
- Number of frets: 24
- Bridge: Edge tremolo bridge
- String space: 10.8mm
- Neck pickup: DiMarzio® UtoPIA™ (H) neck pickup Passive/Ceramic
- Middle pickup: DiMarzio® UtoPIA™ (S) middle pickup Passive/Alnico
- Bridge pickup: DiMarzio® UtoPIA™ (H) bridge pickup Passive/Ceramic
- Nut: Locking nut
- Hardware colour: GoldMore info Here: https://www.ibanez.com/eu/products/detail/pia3761_00_01.html