Moog have officially added a software emulation of the legendary Minimoog Model D to their impressive stable of iOS apps. Revered for its iconic smooth and phat sound, an original 1970s Model D sets you back quite a few pennies in 2018, as does a 2016 Model D re-issue – now synth aficionados can enjoy an official Moog endorsed Model D software recreation for the much more back-pocket friendly price of AUD$7.99 (introductory offer – price is for a limited time). Moog has an excellent track record of iOS app design, the Minimoog Model D joins the Model 15 Modular Synthesiser, the ground-breaking Animoog anisotropic synthesiser and the versatile and fantastic sounding Filtatron.
As is usually the case with apps, the Minimoog Model D app adds an array of modern features not found on the original:
• Comes with 160 presets (hundreds more available in the Minimoog Model D App Store)
• Up to 4-notes of polyphony
• Easily share presets and audio recordings with friends
• Arpeggiator module with note-hold capability
• Stereo ping-pong delay effect
• Bender time modulation effect
• Real-time looping recorder with overdub and immediate sharing
• Selectable envelope shapes and triggering behavior
• Effortless MIDI CC mapping
• Seamlessly backup presets to iCloud
• Play mode for easier panel and keyboard interaction
• A new take on the classic feedback/overload path
Moog’s Minimoog Model D App is available for iPhone and iPad in the iOS App store.