ROLAND LINEAR ARITHMETIC SYNTHESIS FOR A NEW GENERATION
For those of you who remember the Roland D-50 from the late 1980s, which along with the KORG M1 and the Yamaha DX7 was one of the most influential synthesizers of their time, well Roland have just released a compact reproduction called the Roland Boutique D-05 Linear Synthesizer Module.
At the D-05’s core lies the first synthesizer with Digital Circuit Behavior (DCB) technology combined with the exact PCM attack and loop samples as the original D-50, precisely recreating every tonal nuance in stunning detail. The user interface is totally authentic as well, with the inclusion of plenty of direct-access controls. Even the all-important joystick is included to smoothly morph between different mixes of Upper and Lower Tones, perfect for performance and sound design.
But the D-05 also has some exciting updates. The 64-step, polyphonic sequencer is great for performance and sparking new ideas. It can store tempo and patch changes, and can sequence shuffle and gate timing. And the built-in arpeggiator adds movement to the already evocative sounds. The D-05 is rugged and compact, runs on batteries or USB power, and can go just about anywhere. You get flexible connectivity with audio and MIDI over USB, space-saving 1/8” analog jacks, and 5-pin MIDI ports. The D-05 can even be an audio interface for your computer, meaning less stuff to carry around, fewer cables, and faster setup.
Features at a Glance:
- Perfect sonic recreation of the D-50 from the makers of the original
- Digital Circuit Behavior (DCB) faithfully captures every detail
- Authentic user interface including joystick control
- All the original presets plus fresh new sounds
- Compatible with original D-50 patches
- 64-step, polyphonic onboard sequencer and arpeggiator
- Rugged construction with metal front panel
- Highly portable for mobile music making
- Battery operated (4 x AA) or USB powered
- Built-in powered mini-speaker for instant enjoyment
- Compatible with optional Roland Boutique accessories