Singers and MCs this might just be the product you never knew you needed, or maybe you did?
Roland have announced Verselab MV-1, an all-in-one groovebox/workstation featuring Roland’s ZEN-Core synth engine, vocal recording and song arrangement with TR style step sequencer for beat making.
This follows a string of new grooveboxes from Roland over the past 18 months, but the MV-1 sets itself apart as it tries to capture the imagination of people who want lay down some vocals without having to head to the computer.
On the top panel there’s a familiar 16 step sequencer that doubles as a drum and percussion sequencer, as well as a timeline for the overall song arrangement (verse/chorus/hook etc). The 4×4 velocity sensitive pad layout can be used to play sounds, chords and melodies, plus each pad acts as a slot for different vocal takes.
On the back there’s an XLR input for your microphone, a ¼ inch line input and output, an SD card slot for loading in your own samples, and a USB for ZENBEATS integration with a laptop, tablet or smartphone.
Verselab also come loaded with over 3000 sounds for making beats and musical arrangements, which you can expand on further with the Roland Cloud service. Once you’ve laid down a vocal track, you can give them a shoeshine with effects like Auto-Pitch, Harmonizer, Doubler before adding mastering effects to the whole project.
- Finish complete songs with inspiring hands-on workflow
- Record vocals with modern effects like Auto-Pitch, Harmonizer, and Doubler
- Curated collection of over 3000 sounds for modern styles from the makers of the TR-808
- 4×4 pads and TR-REC step sequencer for drums, basslines, and melodic parts
- Songwriting tools and generators get you started and keep you flowing
- Interface with your smartphone, tablet, or computer for easy file transfer
- Plug-and-play integration with Roland Zenbeats app expands your production capabilities*
- High-quality mixing and mastering effects for pro results
- Make music on the move with power via a mobile battery or USB
- Built-in mic and XLR mic input with phantom power
- Stereo ¼-inch I/O, dual headphones jacks, and MIDI I/O
Get all the info here.