With the release of its Drum Machine Collection, Roland has recreated five of its most renowned rhythm machines from the 1980s as modern plug-ins. The drum machines in the collection, each based on Roland’s Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology, include plug-in versions of the TR-808, TR-606, TR-909, TR-707, and TR-727.
Deep integration with the Roland TR-8S Rhythm Performer is another feature of the collection. With the help of the TR-8S‘s variety of knobs and sliders, you can change the software instrument controls in real time and send your patterns back and forth between the hardware and the plug-ins at any time.
“These five drum machines have served as backbones to numerous tracks over the past 40 years,” Roland says. “These recreations sound and behave just like the vintage hardware, with the addition of advanced programming features and controls fit for modern production.”
- Five genre-defining Roland rhythm instruments in one value-priced collection
- Authentic recreations of the TR-808, TR-606, TR-909, TR-707, and TR-727
- Detailed resizeable interfaces give the feel of working with the vintage hardware
- Powered by Roland’s ACB circuit modeling technology, enhanced with new sound-shaping options
- Extended parameters and onboard effects to shape and modernize your sound
- Advanced sequencers for complex patterns and intricate grooves
- All the original factory patches plus new sounds for contemporary music
- VST3, AU, and AAX compatibility and native support for Apple silicon
- Hands-on control and pattern transfer with the TR-8S Rhythm Performer
The Drum Machine Collection comes with VST3, AU, and AAX compatibility and those making the Lifetime Key purchase are also granted free access to all future updates. The plugin is available now in the USA for $500 via Roland Cloud, a free 30-day trial membership is also on offer.
Find out more at Roland.