With their One Series pedals, Source Audio continues to push boundaries, and the new Atlas Compressor is no exception. The Atlas includes a comprehensive collection of compression circuits from some of the industry’s most coveted compressors, ranging from classic analogue effects pedals to studio-grade rack gear. Furthermore, the Atlas can be easily optimised for either guitar or bass with the push of a button.
Atlas serves up six different styles of compression, ranging from classic stompbox compressors like the now-discontinued Diamond Optical Compressor to high-end rack units such as the Universal Audio 1176 compressor, and its antithesis, the LA2A. Atlas also features advanced dual-band compression, which provides an independent set of controls for both the high and low frequencies. Each compression engine has onboard controls for Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release, Output, Tone, and Mix, allowing for fine-tuned control over the compact One Series hardware.
Like all of Source Audio’s One Series pedals, it is possible to get even more out of the Atlas Compressor by connecting to the Neuro Desktop Editor or Mobile App, unlocking the full studio compressor module, similar to what you would see in a DAW plug-in or analog rack-mount gear. The Neuro Editor includes a signal readout display that shows the compressor’s gain reduction in real time. In addition, the Neuro Editor features extra deep and powerful parameters for further tweaking and tonal exploration. Discover the full history of audio compression, from VCA to RMS to Optical and more with the one-of-a-kind Atlas Compressor.
Features & Specifications:
• 6 Types of Compression: The Atlas offers many different styles of compression with sounds inspired by
studio rack gear and classic effects pedals.
• LA2A Optical Compression: A faithful recreation of an electroluminescent panel combined with a photo
resistor and the resulting warm and smooth compression that has been the standard in studios since the
• 1176 Feedback FET Compression: Based on the solid-state FET compressor known for its full body and
• LED Optical Compressor: Inspired by pedals that work on a similar concept as the LA2A, but swap
the electroluminescent panel for an LED and a quicker, dirtier response.
• Dual Compressors: Use Atlas’ dual compressors in a variety of ways: in Series, Parallel, or Band Split mode,
which provides a separate set of controls for both high and low frequencies.
• Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer: A gritty compression inspired by the vintage 1970s unit that graced
classic tracks like Steely Dan’s “Peg” and Dire Straits’ “Sultans of Swing.” Available in the Neuro Editor.
• More Compressors Available in the Neuro App: Connect Atlas to the Neuro App and access Source Audio’s
vast collection of excellent compressors based on classic compressor pedals and rack gear.
• Studio Level Compression Controls: Access all the essential compression parameters including Feedback,
Ratio, Attack, Release, Makeup Gain, Mix, and Tone, either with the pedal’s knobs or the Neuro Editor.
• Special Bass Mode: With the push of a button, quickly convert Atlas to a special Bass Mode with compressor
engines specifically optimized for bass.
• Auto Makeup Gain: Dial-in sounds quickly. Atlas automatically increases or decreases the Makeup Gain
depending on the amount of compression.
• Look Ahead Compression: A classic studio trick. When engaged, Look Ahead creates an imperceptible
latency in the signal that “looks into the future” and allows for an extra quick and smooth attack that without
any additional distortion or artefacts.
• Side Chain Compression: Use the signal going to Input 2 to trigger the compression applied to the signal
going into Input 1.
• Advanced Equalization: Use the 3-band parametric or 8-band graphic equalizers to tweak the tonal
characteristics of your compression.
• Create, Save, and Share Presets with the Neuro Desktop Editor: Use the Neuro Desktop Editor to quickly
download presets created by other Atlas owners or create and publish your own presets and make them
accessible to the entire Neuro Community.
• Neuro Mobile App. (for iOS or Android): Connect your mobile device directly to the pedal to access an
extended set of adjustable parameters. Save and download customized effects to the pedal and share them
with other One Series owners. A connector cable is included with the pedal.
• Stereo: Stereo inputs and outputs with various routing options.
• MIDI: Full MIDI capabilities with the Neuro Hub.
• Adjustable Noise Gate
• External Expression Control: Control up to four parameters with an external expression pedal.
• Universal Bypass: Select either analog buffered or relay based True Bypass.
• USB Port: Class-compliant USB-MIDI allows the Atlas to work as a plug-and-play device with recording
software running on Mac and Windows. The USB port offers connectivity to the Neuro Desktop Editor
providing access to deep editing possibilities and pedal firmware updates.
• Includes 9v DC power supply: 300mA / Negative tip / Pedal draws 150mA.
ETA in Australia, Late May 2022