Teenage Engineering, the renowned innovators of portable synthesizers and audio equipment, have announced the release EP–133 K.O. II. A battery-powered sampler, sequencer and groovebox based on their iconic Pocket Operator PO-33K.0! adding more sampling, FX and sequencing capabilities plus a new function to file your tax returns. Just kidding, but with a design aesthetic like nothing else we’ve seen, it should be clear to everyone by now that Teenage Engineering puts design and functionality front of mind when developing products.
True to the Pocket Operator legacy, the EP–133 K.O. II maintains its compact and portable design. The sleek and stylish form factor, a nod to Teenage Engineering’s commitment to merging technology with a music-making workflow (and their love of Super Nintendo’s???) is just as much about the experience as it is about the feature set.
The initial version was a killer little device, featuring 8 melodic slots, 8 drum slots, 40 seconds of sample memory, 16 effects, and a “step multiplier.” Thanks to the advancements in chip technology, it could still produce high quality sounds.
EP-133 K.O II Features.
- 9 projects with a capacity for 80,000 notes each
- Each project comprises 4 groups, each containing 99 patterns
- Patterns feature 12 tracks for samples and MIDI
- Variable pattern length per group ranging from 1 to 99 bars
- Impressive 12 mono and 6 stereo voice polyphony
- Utilize groups for dynamic pattern mixing on the fly
- Record and automate all 12 fader assignments for expressive control
- Sequence in free time or quantized with swing for rhythmic diversity
- Assign any pad to one of 16 MIDI channels for versatile connectivity
- Enjoy loop mode from the OB-4 with adjustable length and slide functionality
- 12 pressure and velocity-sensitive pads for nuanced performance
- Instantaneous time correction and erase for precision in editing
- Live or automatic sample slicing capabilities
- Stereo/mono sampling at 46.875 kHz/16-bit for high-quality audio
- Punch-In 2.0™ effects with pressure-sensitive controls for creative manipulation
- Swift arrangement with the instant commit feature
- Professional-grade 32-bit float signal chain, 24-bit ADC/DAC for pristine sound
- SYNC IO for external gear, offering 8th, 16th note, or SYNC24 synchronization
- 6 built-in send effects and a master compressor for a complete production environment
- Simplify workflow with drag and drop sample functionality using the sample tool
More info Here: https://teenage.engineering/