Universal Audio known for their high-end audio interfaces and plugins is branching out into a new market with the announcement today of their first range of studio microphones.
Their new range of microphones consists of the Standard Series: SD-1 Dynamic, SP-1 Condenser and Sphere L22, along with a line of hand-built tube and FET mics under the UA Bock brand – how good do they look! We can’t wait to get our hands on them, here’s what we know so far:
UA SD-1 Dynamic Microphone
This broadcast-style mic is tailor made for close-mic speech, vocal, and instrument recording, featuring a cardioid polar pattern and selectable low cut and articulation boost switches.
- Dynamic studio vocal microphone with low cut and articulation boost
- Cardioid polar pattern rejects off‑axis sounds and room noise
- Flat frequency response (50 Hz–16 kHz) for natural-sounding recordings
- Shape vocals and instruments with SD‑1 Apollo Channel Strip Presets
- Internal shock mount reduces low‑end rumble and mechanical noise
- Rear-mounted XLR jack for easy cable management
- Built-in windscreen reduces plosives and breath noise
- Quality UA craftsmanship and stylish, rugged build
UA SP-1 Condenser Microphone
Universal Audio’s flagship pair of pencil microphones, designed to capture stereo acoustic instruments, drums, and live performances, and reject off-axis audio and background noise.
UA Bock Series
The UA Bock series is a premium line of tube and solid-state condenser mics, designed by mic guru, David Bock and hand-built in Santa Cruz, California.
Microphones are excepted in Australia mid-2022.
Universal Audio is distributed in Australia by CMI Music & Audio