Universal Audio have updated their LUNA Recording System software to version 1.2, which brings with it some highly anticipated features. Here’s the quick rundown from UA’s press release:
LUNA v1.2 Key Features & Updates:
- Control surface support and sidechaining now available in LUNA Recording System
- Mix and automate tracks using MCU-compatible DAW controllers
- Sidechain with compatible plug-ins and LUNA extensions for modern effects
- LUNA app, instruments, and extensions now support Apple Silicon Rosetta
- Nudge Editing allows for quick adjustments to the timing of clips and MIDI notes
- The update brings over 20 added features and enhancements since LUNA v1.1
Control surface support is obviously a very big deal for anyone mixing with Luna as there’s only so far a mouse can take you, and sidechaining is so critical to modern music production it will no doubt have a similar level of appeal to users.
UA Apollo interfaces have for a while now been compatible with Apple Silicon via Rosetta so it’s great to see this support extended to Luna (including Extensions). With so much processing power packed into Apple’s M1 equipped laptop and desktop range, the news of support by big audio brands like UA makes the systems an increasingly tantalizing platform for music production. Given the scope of UA’s audio interface range from large daisy chained rackmount systems with upwards of 50 channels of I/O, to bus powered 2 input devices, plus the affordability and portability of Apple Silicon systems, there’s a lot of appeal here for a wide range of potential users.
LUNA is a free download for all Thunderbolt Apollo owners using Mac OS.
For the full details of LUNA 1.2, head to UA’s website.