The Akai MPC Key 61 is a 61-key semi-weighted keybed with velocity and aftertouch and is the newest member of the classic MPC family.
The instrument features 25 plugin instruments and a 61-key semi-weighted keybed with velocity and aftertouch. Over 6,000 preset sounds are included in the 25 plug-in instruments, which range from instruments like Stage Piano, Stage EP, Session Strings, and Organ to deep FM Synthesis with OPx4. The unit’s main synth, Fabric XL, also provides everything from drone basses to lush and deep ambient pads.
Eight audio tracks, Keygroup Instruments, clip launching, and 128 internal and external MIDI tracks are included. The device has a seven-inch colour touch screen that can be used for a variety of purposes, including altering notes on the drum grid, starting Step Sequencer events, automating writing and editing operations, and more.
The MPC Key 61 utilises the same 16 RGB velocity-sensitive pads as the MPC One. Along with the recognisable MPC pads, MPC’s Time Correct, Swing, and Quantize capabilities are still indispensable in contemporary music creation.
There is a wide selection of I/O, MPC Key 61 users can connect up to 32 MIDI devices via USB with MIDI Multi, expand their Audio I/O to 32 inputs and outputs using Class Compliant interfaces, or connect their synths using MIDI In/Out/Thru. Two main outputs, two sub outputs and an additional headphone output further allow for expansive connections.
At a Glance
- 25 instrument plugins
- 61-key semi-weighted keybed with aftertouch
- 4GB RAM / Quad Core Arm Processor – no need for a computer
- 16 RGB velocity-sensitive MPC Drum Pads with aftertouch and Note Repeat
- Assignable Touch Strip controller
- 2 Mic/Line/Instrument inputs with high-end mic preamps
- Onboard Audio Interface with premium AD/DA converters
- Vibrant 7″ color Touch Screen with Multi-touch & Gestures
- 128 track MIDI sequencer
- Onboard Wi-Fi/Bluetooth
- 4 assignable Q-LINK Controller Knobs
- Pitch Bend/Modulation wheels
- Dedicated Transport section
- Accepts Class Compliant audio interfaces and MIDI devices
- 4 discrete Line outputs
- 8 audio tracks
- 8 CV/Gate output jacks for modular integration
- MPC2 Desktop Software DAW for Mac/PC included
To learn more about MPC Key 61, visit akaipro.com.