Arturia has added to its hybrid Freak formula with the release of the MicroFreak Vocoder “Limited Edition”. It borrows its foundation from the ever-popular MicroFreak synth and loaded it up with a 16-band Vocoder, a detachable gooseneck mic along with a stylish new makeover.
According to Arturia, they have built an entirely new 16-band mode to transform your voice in the expressive way possible. The vocoder engine features 3 waveforms – sawtooth, pulse width and noise – while the Timbre and Shape knobs adjust the response of the 16 frequency bands.
The 16 new vocoder presets gives you instant access to android translations, crystalline harmonies and vivid shaping sequences. You can also connect an external sound source like a drum machine or synth via the headphone socket for some glitchy sound processing.
It does look a little different to the MicroFreak with the control panel having been given a makeover. The centre strip has a bold new Swan graphic, while the white finish gives this synth its limited edition badge.
- Synthesiser with 256 preset slots and 224 factory presets
- 14 variable digital oscillator modes and new Vocoder mode
- Gooseneck electret microphone
- Analog State Variable Filter, 12dB/octave, resonant, Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass
- ADSR envelope
- Cycling Envelope offering two modes: Envelope & LFO
- LFO with Sync: Sine, Tri, Saw, Square, Random, Slew Random
- Modulation matrix with 5 sources and 7 destinations (3 custom destinations)
- Monophonic or Paraphonic modes – Up to 4 voices
- Chord mode lets you program a chord shape and play it on any note
- Scale Quantize lets you set a specific scale for the white notes for easy performance
- 25-key capacitive keybed with polyphonic aftertouch
- Capacitive touch strip
- Crisp OLED display for editing and parameter values
- Powerful multi-mode arpeggiator: Up, Order, Random, Pattern modes
- Spice & Dice Gate randomizers
- 64-step sequencer: 2 patterns per preset, 4 automation tracks per preset
- CV / Gate / Mod outputs
- USB, Clock and MIDI in and out
- 6.35mm master and 3.5mm headphone output
Expect to pay AUD $649.00 SSP with a very limited Australian shipment due to arrive in early September.
US MAP price $399.00
Find your Arturia Dealer Here:
Note: Australians, please be aware that US prices do not include shipping, GST or customs duties. Be sure to check exchange rates and associated fees with your chosen payment portal when buying in foreign currency – It’s quite often better to buy local!