Got an inch for a new eurorack module? Pardon the pun, Behringer have just announced their contact and pickup microphone eurorack module. Radar opens up new creative ways to interact and modulate your sound – scratch and tap for more! The Radar is Behringer’s version of Music Thing’s Mikrophonie or the Mutable Instruments Things Ears, with a few more features.
Here’s what Behringer are saying:
Start scratching and tapping your way to unique and amazing sounds with the Behringer RADAR! Beats, ambient noises and otherworldly sound effects can easily be achieved thanks to its contact and pickup microphone plus, the RADAR can be readily integrated into any synth setup.
The RADAR sports a pickup microphone placed right underneath the surface of the module. Simply tapping or scratching the textured surface will convert those into signals that can be patched into any module of your choice to create ambient, echoey sound effects, creepy bangs or any sound you can imagine!
The pickup on the RADAR is even sensitive enough to capture any surrounding acoustic waves be it a knock on your modular case, a snare hit from your drummer or even sounds coming out of loudspeakers. Those sounds can then be converted into gate or envelope signals and tweaked with the Gate Sensitivity or Attack and Decay controls respectively.
- Pickup microphone to generate wide range of sonic pulses and impulse combs
- Create unique sounds by scratching and tapping the RADAR surface
- Collect acoustic waves surrounding your modular case including loudspeakers
- Connect external microphones, electro-acoustic instruments such as guitars or line-level signals
- High-quality amplifier with up to 50 dB of gain for a wide range of signal sources
- 3 indicator LEDs to monitor input clipping, envelope follower level, and gate detector activity
- Gate detector with 3 sensitivity levels translates taps into gate signals
- Envelope follower with 3 attack and release times converts tap profile into an envelope CV
- 4 controls and switches give you real-time access to all important parameters
- Eurorack specs: 6 HP,10 mA +12 V, 5 mA -12 V