In February 2017, Korg announced that its hugely popular iOS App “Gadget” would make the transition to Mac OS.
Today, Korg offically announced that Gadget for Mac OS is finally available for download directly from the Korg Webshop. And to celebrate, Gadget for Mac is currently US$199 – a saving of US$100!
Korg Gadget is an “…intuitive DAW software including more than 30 Gadget Instruments.”
Gadget for MacOS adds the following features over the iOS version:
- Audio Tracks for including vocals and other instruments
- Four-Way Split Interface for maximising hi-resolution displays
- Touchbar support for the latest generation MacBook Pro models
- Gadget instruments are available to be used within your favourite DAW, thanks to the Plug-in Collection supporting AU, VST, AAX.
KORG Gadget for Mac version 1.1.0 New features
・Milpitas gadget added.
・Preview sound of gadgets added.
・Improved the display behavior when switching tracks.
・Improved the MIDI channel for Darwin by enabling Omni reception.
・Various other adjustments to improve stability and ease of use have been done.
* You can update to the latest version from inside the application with the “Check for update…” option.
KORG Gadget Le for Mac version 1.0.0 Main features
・Experience the appeal of KORG Gadget with the free Lite version.
・Use five standard gadgets and tracks.
・Additional and extended functions are provided when connecting a KORG MIDI Controller.
To commemorate the release of KORG Gadget for Mac we are delighted to announce a limited time sale. Other apps that can be used as gadgets in KORG Gadget for iOS are also on sale. You can use the Mac version at home and the iOS version when you are mobile, letting you enjoy a seamless workflow and ideal music production experience.
– Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or higher (latest update)
– Intel Core 2 Duo or better (Core i5 or better recommended)
– 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
– 7 GB free disk space (SSD recommended)
– An internet connection is required
– Operability confirmed DAW software* (latest version):
Ableton Live 9 / Logic Pro X / Logic Pro 9 / GarageBand 10 / Cubase Pro 8.5 / Cubase Pro 9 / Digital Performer 8
Digital Performer 9 / Studio One 3 / Bitwig Studio 2 / ProTools 11 / ProTools 12 * as of March 24, 2017