Cre8audio have unveiled the West Pest, a west-coast style, semi-modular synth module whose wave folding oscillator was developed in conjunction with Pittsburgh Modular Synthesizers.
West Pest consists of 8 modules with flexible routing options via the 18-point patch bay, but being semi-modular, doesn’t require any patching in order to operate. The unit functions as a stand-alone module with CV and MIDI control, but can also be removed from its case for use as a 40HP eurorack module.
Here’s the full feature/specification list from Cre8audio:
- West Coast style monophonic synthesizer with additive elements
- Controllable via MIDI, CV, and integrated button keyboard
- Fully patchable – use West Pest’s components as separate modules with external devices or reroute its internal patching. (It’s like having 8 individual modules.)
- 32 step sequencer with up to 13 storable presets
- Generative sequencing mode
- Clock-synced arpeggiator
- Step sequencer can be manipulated & transposed via MIDI and the integrated button keyboard
- Pittsburgh Modular Synthesizer developed 100% analog oscillator
- Oscillator waveforms – sine, triangle, and saw – Waveforms can be combined
- Oscillator includes frequency modulation (FM)
- Pittsburgh Modular Synthesizer famous wave folder/shaper circuit – folds inputted waves back onto themselves to increase harmonic content
- PGH dynamics section – an alternative to an envelope generator and a VCA, the dynamics controller is a Pittsburgh Modular invention that adds a dimension of control over a vactrol-less lowpass gate circuit, adding release time. (read more on this in the user guide)
- Dual range analog LFO with square and triangle wave outputs.
- LFO Range High: 2 Hz to 500 Hz Low: 41 seconds to 5 Hz
- Digital multi-mod tool – modulation control via CV, random generator, and extra LFO and envelope generator
- Internal clock with tap tempo and can be clocked via an external source.
- Built-in clock divider
- Can be used standalone in its included case or removed and used as a eurorack format module
- Specifications for when used as a eurorack module
- Width when used as a module = 40hp
- Depth = 25mm
- 250mA power draw when running +12V rail
- 190mA power draw when running -12V
- Input voltage range of oscillator = 0-10V
- Included in the box – 1x West Pest, 1x West Pest wall-wart power supply, 5x Amazing Nazca Noodles Patch Cables, 2x 3.5mm to 5 pin MIDI Din pigtails and pizzazz (pizzazz’s presence not guaranteed)
West Pest is available for pre-order now with an estimated street price of $249.99 USD, and should be shipping soon.
More info via the Cre8audio website