The new guitar Mono Synth and the Bass Mono Synth effect pedals from Electro-Harmonix do as the names suggest, sound like synths and they certainly look like a lot of fun!
Both have only five main rotary controls and both synth pedals look very easy to use:
- ‘Dry’ and ‘Synth’ set the level of your unprocessed guitar or bass and generate the synth sound respectively.
- ‘Sens’ adjusts how responsive the synth sound is to your playing dynamics
- ‘Ctrl’ allows you to adjust a single key parameter for each of the 11 preset synth-type sounds accessed via the final knob.
- ‘Type’ where Favourite sounds can be stored as user presets with a tap of your foot.
- External inputs also allow preset selection and adjustment of a further parameter per sound via connected pedals.
You can hear both pedals on the promo videos from Electro-Harmonix below.
Quick Specs on both Mono Synth & Bass Mono Synth
– Features eleven mono synth sounds
– Easy to use controls allows you to dial the sound you want quickly
– EXP pedal input for real-time expressive control with your foot
– Create, save and recall eleven user presets, one for each of the eleven synth sounds