Black Corporation, The makers of the well-received ‘Deckards Dream’ Yamaha CS80 remake, have been teasing details of their upcoming 8-voice analogue poly-synth module ‘KIMIJI’ via Instagram. Initially leaked by sound-designer Richard Divine during NAMM, here’s what we know so far.
- The Kimiji is loosely based on the incredibly rare early ’80s French synthesiser; the RSF Polykobol II.
- As with Deckard’s Dream, it will be available as a kit or pre-built.
- It has preset storage functionality
- Component wise it utilizes the CRN3340, with discrete wave-shapers and a discrete SSM2040 filter.
- It will be compatible with polyphonic after-touch and MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression standard).
- 2 x VCOs + 2 x Sub Osc, 1 x Filter, 2 x LFOs, 2 x ADSR envelopes, extensive modulation matrix
- The VCOs feature an unusualy high amount of wave shaping for analogue oscillators – Sine, Triangle, Saw, Ramp, Square, Random & Noise
- It looks freakin’ bad-ass.
There’s been no audio or video leaked yet, but we’ll be keeping our eyes peeled.
Check out Black Corporation on Instagram here