Ableton Live 11 is Here! Try it for Free for 90 days
The latest version of Ableton Live is out now. New features include being able to create your perfect take with comping, compose with more feeling using MPE, experiment with new devices, and much more. The Live 11 Suite free for 90 days includes all the features of the full version, including saving and exporting. You can even use it alongside your current version of Live.
What is Ableton Live?
Ableton Live lets you easily create, produce and perform music within one intuitive interface. Live keeps everything in sync and works in real-time, so you can play and modify your musical ideas without interrupting the creative flow.
Live comes with a versatile collection of instruments, sounds, kits and loops for creating any kind of music and provides a full complement of effects to tweak and process your sound.
Live 11 features:
- Take Recording and Comping – Live organizes multiple passes of an audio or MIDI performance into individual takes. The best parts of these takes can then be stitched together for the desired final result. Comping can also be used as a fun way to explore sound and the sound design process.
- Linked Track Editing – Link two or more tracks to edit their content simultaneously.
- MPE-capable native devices – Wavetable, Sampler and Arpeggiator are updated to support MPE. Musicians can now control parameters per note for these devices, as well as third-party plug-ins.
- Hybrid Reverb – Combines convolution and algorithmic reverbs, making it possible to create any space, from accurate real-life environments to those that defy physical reality.
- Spectral Resonator – Breaks the spectrum of an incoming audio signal into partials, then stretches, shifts and blurs the result by a frequency or a note in subtle or radical ways. The MIDI sidechain input also allows musicians to process material in key and even play the device as if it were a polyphonic instrument.
- Spectral Time – Transforms sound into partials and feeds them into a frequency based delay, resulting in metallic echoes, frequency-shifted and reverb-like effects. The Freeze function captures and holds a slice of audio – either free-running or in time with the beat – for stuttered, glitched and washed-out effects.
- Live Tempo Following – Live listens to and adjusts its tempo based on incoming audio in real time, making it a dynamic part of the band instead of the tempo source that everyone has to follow.
- Macro Snapshots – Musicians can store the state of Macros for later recall – a fast way to create instant variations to sounds, or builds and drops during the performance.
- Plus More